David ShinM.D. Request An Appointment
David Shin, M.D., is Chief of the Center for Sexual Health & Fertility in the Department of Urology at Hackensack University Medical Center and is Associate Professor and Vice Chair of Urology at Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine.
He has won numerous awards, including 1st prize at the Ferdinand C. Valentine Resident Essay Contest for his clinical research in andrology and has been selected as a CREST (Clinical Research/Reproductive Scientist Training) scholar from the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Duke University and American Society for Reproductive Medicine as well as a Society of Male Reproduction and Urology Traveling Scholar and American Urological Association (AUA)/Praecis Gerald P. Murphy Scholar.
Dr. Shin’s clinical interests in Men’s Health include medical and surgical treatments for male infertility, hypogonadism (low testosterone), chronic orchalgia (scrotal pain), erectile dysfunction, and Peyronie’s disease. Dr. Shin is currently the President for the AUA’s Society for the Study of Male Reproduction.
- Baylor College of Medicine: Fellowship, Urology – Male Repro – Sex Dysfunctions, 2004
- Yale-New Haven Hospital: Residency, Urology, 2002
- Yale-New Haven Hospital: Residency, General Surgery, 1999
- Yale-New Haven Hospital: Internship, 1998
- Weill Cornell Medical College: Medical Education, 1997
- Urology: American Board of Urology, 2006
Practice Website: www.hackensackmeridianhealth.org